If you're having difficulty installing Guitar Notes Master please read the following:
If you're running Windows 8 or certain security software, you may get a warning message that Guitar Notes Master is not a recognised application. This is simply because Guitar Notes Master is not on their list of known applications and it does not mean that there is a problem with the installation. It is usually a simple matter to bypass this warning: for example, on Windows 8 it is a matter of clicking "More Info" and then "Run Anyway". If Google Chrome gives the message "guitarnotesmaster.exe is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous" this is for the same reason. In this case, click the small down-arrow to the right of the "Discard" button and select "Keep".
If you're running Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, you may experience a long pause when the installer doesn't appear to be doing anything. This is caused by Windows creating a restore point before allowing the installation to proceed. If you wait for long enough, the installation should continue eventually. Alternatively, you can disable System Restore in the System Properties control panel dialog and run the installer again.
The most likely problem that you may encounter with the Guitar Notes Master installation is the .NET Framework installer failing. Unfortunately, as this is supplied by Microsoft it's somewhat out of our control! If you do have problems, the best solution is to ensure that you have the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed before running the Guitar Notes Master installation. There are two methods of achieving this:
- Use Windows Update - you'll find this on your start menu. If the .NET Framework 3.5 is listed you can install it from here.
- Download the installer from here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe. Save it to a convenient location and run it.
Once the .NET Framework is fully up-to-date, run the Guitar Notes Master installer again. It should detect that the .NET Framework is installed and proceed directly to install the Fretboard Trainer.
If you are still having problems installing the Guitar Notes Master, please check the following:
- If you are running Windows XP, ensure that you have service pack 2 or 3 installed.
- If you are running Windows Vista, try right-clicking on the installation package and selecting "Run as Administrator".
- Ensure that you have administrator permissions on the PC that you are installing the software on.
- Ensure that any anti-virus, anti-spyware and other security software is disabled during installation.
Running Guitar Notes Master
A small number of people with older PCs running Windows XP have reported issues running Guitar Notes Master such as corrupt graphics or the application crashing. This has typically been resolved by updating the drivers for their systems, particularly graphics and sound devices, as certain older drivers have had some issues with versions of the .NET technology used to develop Guitar Notes Master. If you are experiencing these issues please update the drivers for your graphics card and sound card. These can typically be found on the support pages of your PC manufacturer's website. Additionally, please use Windows Update to install all other updates for your PC.
Still Having Problems?
If you are still having problems with Guitar Notes Master, please use the form on the contact page to raise a support request.